Friday, June 10, 2011

Expanding The Palace Now Could Prevent Further Young Fussy Eating

One of the biggest pet peeves to eat outside of my family are the children's menu. Many times I end up ordering food to their menu of adults, because the variety of their menu leaves much to be desired. I have to bite my tongue to keep saying that the manager of the restaurant's spaghetti with butter and corn dogs are a staple diet of every child, and that is good to offer something other than chips for more than half of the product. I realize that not every parent wants to order food for me, but at least there are more options would be nice.

My kids do not like any food you try them out, is something the restaurant or something you cook at home. I try to make them a great variety of foods, because I do not want them to know that there's more to life than pizza and grilled cheese. Sometimes it works well. For example, my daughter loves blacks beans and my son is happy to eat zucchini. (These are not particularly weird food, the only things some children do not eat.) Sometimes the strategy does not work very well. We've had nights when I make dinner, take a look and say "I do not want to eat." But I'll try. Studies show that young children use a wide range of food and even eating different foods during pregnancy may make them willing to try more food they get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment